View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #1376
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Parenting and mental health, interesting topic. Of the 3 or 4 different mental health professionals I've seen over the last 10 or so years, everyone of them has gone exploring the relationship with parents and grand parents.

I love my parents to bits and appreciate the huge sacrifices they have made to get me to where I am today, so its always a very confronting conversation to have with a stranger when they try to pick apart the relationship. It wasn't until the last bloke I saw, a hypnotherapist, who gave me light bulb moments.

I believe 99% of parents do what they genuinely think is best for their child, but few are armed with the skills to understand how their every day words and actions affect their kids.

I will be taking the learnings, and applying it when the time comes to have littlelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Five kids and I was "the most evil son a mother could have"....I could not see her unless I had a drink in my hand.
I grew up in a household with 10+ kids (cousins). The competition was intense. I was the little black sheep who always got into trouble, and my parents and grand parents sure let me know it The way I was compared has definitely shaped how I now behave and respond in certain situations. Good and bad.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 21-06-2021 at 02:43 PM.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: