View Single Post
Old 20-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #1373
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

It took me a very long time to move on with my own life and stop wasting energy on my parents problems, especially my mother. My happiness should not revolve around what is dragging her down.

I feel awful for saying and thinking that, but at the end of the day, I have done all I can to help her and it's ultimately her decision to make the necessary steps. My sister is now in that process of letting go and moving on with her own life too. Again, she is feeling lost and upset about not having a healthy relationship with mum, and again she has done all she can to help. I'm three years older than my sister, for once in our relationship, I am the one who is imparting the guidance. I guess I crossed the bridge of acceptance and moving on long before it occurred for her to do the same.

Life can be so cruel and sad at times. A person can only reach out and offer help so many times before giving up. I'm ashamed to type this, but I have given up on mum. She is a caring, compassionate and loving person who has fallen into to a cycle over many years that she just can't break.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: