Old 17-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #1362
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Stress levels have increased of late

Day 17 – 214 push-ups

COVID-19 has impacted our mental health: A survey of the mental wellbeing of Australians during the COVID-19 lockdowns last year found that 21.4% (1/5) of Aussies were experiencing stress levels that were moderate to severe. That’s about three times the normal rate.

People living with a mental illness were at even higher risk, reporting negative emotion scores about 5.5 times higher than expected. These kinds of results have been replicated across the world as our lives have been altered by fears and restrictions associated with the novel coronavirus.

Beyond Blue have developed a digital mental health platform for those whose mental health has been impacted by the pandemic. You can access these resources here:
https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au

We also have a blog article on how movement can help with stress. Check it out below.
https://www.thepushupchallenge.com.a...response-cycle
I found that my mental health was very poor at the beginning to 2019 when Covid first hit. Looking back, I think it had a lot to do with having my eyes glued to the tv and ears pinned to the radio on everything to do with Covid. The long long lock down during middle of 2020 didn't help either.

From about the end of 2020 I feel as though my mental health has improved, in fact, I think its now been better than it has for a very very long time. The universe has a funny way of re-balancing things. The covid situation stopped me from hanging out with people that I shouldn't be, and also stopped me from being destructive on weekends. I have also been more appreciative of the outdoors, so have been spending an enormous amount of time cruising into remote areas and going for long hikes (when we are not in lock down ).

The only thing that really gets me down these days is not being able to see my nephew and niece. They live in the US, and have had their flights to Melb cancelled a couple of times due to the covid situation. But we still skype often, they are healthy, so all is not bad.

Last edited by T3rminator; 17-06-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Got my dates mixed up
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: