View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #60
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Longer Daylight Savings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
i have been living in qld for 15 years now and still miss daylight savings. i love it = more outside time after work.

qld has shorter days anyway because of position means there is very little twilight. the sun goes down and its dark not like the southern states where the light lingers longer. so i recon we should have daylight savings all year.
every time i mention it at work i get shot down by the "locals" . but then most of them have never been past brisbane and still think that joe was god. ( lol... just stiring)

You might want to check your history.

In fact it was Sir Joh who first implemented daylight saving in QLD in only to receive such a huge push back that it was abandoned a year later.

Then in 1989 Russell Cooper bought it back for a 3 year trial which lead to the 1992 referendum under Wayne Goss where it was voted out.

Now I am aware that the concept of decisions "by the people for the people" rather than "OBEY what govco tells you" is somewhat foreign to a lot of Australians but up here despite the dilution by emigration from the south we still like to try and run our state in a way that suits Queenslanders.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote