View Single Post
Old 24-01-2023, 03:06 PM   #123
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: e-Scooters - opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
What's the rules with getting on the **** and riding these things? When I was in Canberra 99% of the people using them weren't wearing helmets.

If here in VIC you can get done for driving unlicensed vehicle on these things then drink driving rules apply also
For ebikes, its lawful when its 250w pedal assisted, or 200w without pedal assist. For escooters, I believe you can't ride privately owned ones, regardless of power output, full stop.

So I guess if you get done riding 60kmh on an escooter, they could throw a million and one charges at you if they wanted to. Unlawful use of vehicle, riding an unregistered vehicle etc etc....

The Kygrios incident would have been a non issue if no one snapped him, then published it all over the news. Once it was out in the public, can't see how cops could have got away with not fining him, cos if they ignored it, they would have been slammed for showing bias. A $230 fine for him would be what he'd have earned doing up his shoe laces.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote