View Single Post
Old 17-05-2023, 08:31 AM   #14
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Retaining Wall Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
To put this in perspective, in nearby new estates, they will commonly build limestone retaining walls up to around the 3m mark, at the rear of lots. Side boundaries typically have 2 or 3 blocks high (I'm guessing the blocks are around 30x30cm?) without any additional reinforcement.

But how expensive are we talking? It's only 11m. $10k? $20k?
Yeah, in estates they can build a lot of flat ground lots this way but its usually done by the building authority or developers right from the start. This only would save them a bomb of cash.

To do it individually........
Sandstone logs (on the Eastcoast) are usually 500 x 500, lengths vary to 2500mm @ around $180 each (for 2000mm ones) + delivery.
Depending on reseller. Cheaper in bulk direct from quarry.

But in this case the raw material isn't the problem, the cost of bringing in bobcat, excavator, prep work, labour and no doubt the required concrete footing that any engineer would spec.
Could easily go $50 000 + in a short time and that's if they don't find any niggle drainage issues.

I would seriously talk with people who do this kind of work (engineered approved) in your area and if agreeing to any future work have an itemised quote written up.
That's all I can offer from the otherside of Oz.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote