View Single Post
Old 22-09-2022, 12:10 PM   #40
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: RIP Queen Elizabeth II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The public holiday feels odd, sort of as though it’s missing some focal element like a dawn service or other gathering. I considered an early visit to the Man-O-War steps, then remembered it’s completely changed from when HRH first stepped ashore in 1954.

Would be nice to have a quiet day reflecting on what the Commonwealth of Australia has now become, but not sure where that quietude may be found - we are seemingly at a point where people feel a need to validate themselves with bustle and noise.
I'm on my way back from marlo to home today, and, judging by the amount of boats, caravans, four wheel drives, surfboards atop vehicles, etc, heading in the opposite direction many down this way are 'reflecting' by making their way to a favourite holiday location and making the most of the four day weekend.

Stopping in at Lakes (Entrance) on our way home: expecting to find it packed.

Beautiful weather today, which may be luring some in on the concept, but we are expecting a wet week ahead, starting tomorrow.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: