View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 09:15 PM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Exclamation 2015 MD Ecoboost Titanium

I had the pleasure of removing the rear bumper on the folks MD. It all started with a Reverse sensor error that played up on a drive in the rain. The ole man got a tip to spray the sensors with wd40 and funny enough the error went away.

In any case it was going to be removed to check the harness and sensors. Two of the sensors had leaked wd40 behind the bumper and the rest were sealing as expected. Nothing was damaged or out of the ordinary so I had used sealant to seal it better and it's a wait and see during the next downpour.

In any case it were simple as removing the spare tyre and lower inner boot trim, a small inspection side cover and just the rear portion or end of each side trim in the boot. Two nuts for each rear light assembly and one connection each and the lights are out.

Then its about 18 screws (along the bottom and side up to the wheel arches) and 4 plastic rivits (2 each side) under the rear indicator housings.

Now work the bumper from the bottom up and rearward to release the tab/clips and it's off, remember to remove the one harness connection to the rear sensors.

And that's it. I was surprised with how much road chips and tar had been caught in the bumper and the fine dirt that settled in crevasses and creases. Was a good time to give it all a clean down.

Without the bumper in place it looks like it has so much potential to look great but I thought that on the last Vehicle of theirs (Accord Euro Lux) that I removed the front bumper (another story) still the potential mmm mm m.

4 users like this post: