View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 09:25 PM   #125
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: VFacts November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Thanks once more. A question, are these safety features disabled by a button or switch on the dash, or through the menus? For example in the Outback we looked at, it was menu, then a sub menu, then another submenu, then select. Enough to drive you wild each time you start the car. (Also, X mode is activated through the screen so if the screen goes kaput in the future, no X mode for you!)
There is a button. But I use the centre screen as I kill the ACC radar as well. Pretty much in the main menu so no chasing. The 'driving modes' have a button next to the shifter. It's nothing special (like performance mode in the Falcons).
The cluster is a digital screen as well.

Oh the shifter in this thing is interesting. It's not a rotary dial but it's not a strait PRNDL. Personally don't understand why car manufacturers keep trying to reinvent this, I get the rotary dial is a cost save...but a regular auto stick, just keep it the same and make sure the materials last the distance.