Thread: 1.6 duratec dud
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #8
WQfiesta
Starter Motor

Default Re: 1.6 duratec dud

Hi Fiestaz and sneeky, same here our 2008 WQ from new has been a dream. Then very intermittently would refuse to start after a long drive and/or a very hot day when left for a few minutes, thought heat soak of a sensor was the culprit as leaving the car for 20-30 minutes and it fire up and run no issuses. Did the usual pull all the EFI and ignition connectors off looking for corrosion, etc carried around test gear for sensor and fuel pressure testing to try and pinpoint with sensor it was before changing anything for the heck of it. Then it did it after a warm short trip, turned out armed with a multimeter although it was cranking fine (the speed and sound of the cranking was normal) if the cranking voltage was 8.5v or less it would not fire I could replicate non starting by loading the battery with headlights on and get it to not start then jump start with my 2000 courier and with a cranking voltage of 10v instant start. Also caused the hunting idle on restart when the battery voltage was low but enough to start. The alternator is charging at 13.8v too, was the original battery figures. P.S. I have done 110000km on the couriers clutch and that was after I bought it second hand with 95000km on it shes a battleaxe of a ute but I love it. Hope this helps fellow fiesta owners cheers.

Last edited by WQfiesta; 19-03-2016 at 10:12 AM.
WQfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote