View Single Post
Old 26-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #36
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: I'm conflicted. AU or BA or BF XR8 coupe-utility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
A boss 260 makes more torque than an au V8 everywhere .. they seem softer down low because the top end really shines.. they are still better down low than an au V8.. let's be serious. They make 500nm!

To the OP, do what's best for you, buy the best car the money can afford.. many on here are stuck with their frail AU falcons, trying desperately to justify their buy and convince us they are the holy grail, they defend them dearly calling in the stroker 5.6 for any comparison to the ba boss 260 (which the au 5.6 still falls short). But drive a BA V8 and an au V8, I'd be stunned if you choose the au v8.
I could literally buy any modern falcon I want mate, there is a reason there is two manual AU V8's in my garage, they are the last of the Ford drivers cars, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
i just sold my AU for a BA XR8, the BA is better in every respect but its potentially less reliable and more expensive to repair

and having an auto XR8 and a 5 speed GT i don't think the boss is lacking anything over an AU v8, the boss is faster by far, uses less fuel doing it
i have had 3 AU XR8's and the BA craps all over them in power, i'd still buy an AU XR8 but the current BA was much cheaper to buy

put it this way:
AU3 XR8 auto, nail it off the line and it chirps and goes, 0-100 in about 7 seconds
BA XR8 auto, nail it off the line and its smokes the tyres, 0-100 in about the same but i smoked the tyres doing it and about the same 7seconds with traction control on cutting the fun
We are all different, I found my old BA XR8 was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned. Lots of issues from new, nose heavy and not engaging in any way. I hated the power band of the boss, it was horrible.

EDIT: I'll still have a BF GT in my garage one day though, my favourite looking Ford hands down

Last edited by fordomatic; 26-05-2020 at 12:08 PM.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: