View Single Post
Old 25-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

It's unfortunate.
Going to a drag strip is a Motorsport event and that type of activity excludes it from the warranty conditions. That's life.

What's ironic is that we all like to read about these cars in the magazines and see how they fare on the dyno, at the track and down the 1/4 mile. It helps to sell these cars and FPV and HSV benefit from it.

Kind of makes you wonder why they even bother spending 40 mil on engine development and suspension tweeks and bolting on wheel and tyre combos capable of 300klm/h speeds if they are excluding the odd blast down the 1/4 as premise for total engine destruction. They reportedly do hundreds of thousands of test Kim in their reliability and endurance testing, yet 12 seconds seems to kill em....LOL.

Anyways , we can bleet all we want and I'm sure many of us on here are bleeding for ya. But at the end of the day, the warranty conditions are clear and it it is what it is.

I even questioned the FPV drive day when it was my turn to go as it was stated that Ford FPV may not cover any engine or driveline destruction on the day for that event either.

You play , you pay - you pay and you pay some more.
Sucks.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
12 users like this post: