Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #6048
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
David is one of the few that can put his points across in a respectable manner. Unlike others that just scream and yell. But where I get confused is when the ones opposing the SOE say the sitting government isn't listening to "the people". Who is "the people"? Because right now, I'm pretty confident that the majority of Victoria supports the measures being taken. If they weren't, there would be wholesale breaches everywhere, the police can't stop everyone. The extension was voted by MPs who represent "their people", and the result is the result.

I was at the servo this afternoon filling up. We had a dust storm overnight and there were 9 cars lined up to get through the auto car wash. Cops rocked up, told the attendant the car wash shouldn't be open (apparently its part of the restrictions?), then went on their way. No angst, no dramas.
Why is that even against the rules? Who you gonna give COVID19 to sitting in your car in the auto car wash?

I imagine they decided to just tell everyone to GTFO after this made the news a few months ago:

Quote:
Coronavirus rules slammed after man was fined $1,652 for washing his car

A Victorian man has slammed rules designed to stem the spread of coronavirus after he was fined more than $1,600 for washing his car.

He said he was the only customer at the carwash in Hoppers Crossing on Thursday morning when police pulled in.

An officer asked why he wasn’t staying inside and issued him with a fine.

The $1,652 fine for individuals breaching coronavirus-related rules in Victoria is among the strictest in the country.

“I work in essential services,” the man said when asked to justify why he was washing his car.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...s-car-c-969113
2 users like this post: