View Single Post
Old 24-03-2024, 11:13 AM   #5705
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
VENTING...............

In a lot of cases, being in customer service can be extremely rewarding, especially younger customers new to gardening that appreciate the assistance and knowledge I provide. I also enjoy the contented older customers who know you by name and are easy going. However, some days in customer service are like fingernails down a black board. And I say "days" because it's almost like all the F/Wits come out of the woodwork together.

And so, when I looked up from pruning roses, I noticed a regular pest. Now, I know that interaction with this particular lady never leads to much other than wasting 45 minutes and the sale of a single punnet of seedlings. And so, I tend to leave her to it or find others to serve who will reward my effort with a decent sale.

And so, as I was advising a couple on some quite expensive potential purchases, this woman followed me around, then butted in and dragged me away to answer a trivial question on a $8 punnet of seedlings. And then the phone comes out to show me something pointless, then asked questions that only she could decide. I then waved a colleague to attend to the customers who I had been serving. In the end, I managed to get away from her while she went to get her money from the car.

While we don't get commissioned for sales, I was very annoyed at loosing what would have been a more lucrative and more productive use of my time to the boss.

Throw in a grumpy woman who always asks questions but never listens to the answer because she is queuing up the next question, then complains about the price. Or the boisterous guy who appeared drunk and accompanied by a lady who wanted to look at something particular..........but acknowledged she had no intention to buy it. Or random phone calls from people wanting to talk to an expert and not someone who doesn't know anything.

It's lucky it went somewhat quiet after 3.30, I would have gone postal if I had to deal with any more...................
Book a holiday, sounds like you need one. By the way all jobs have their negative moments, believe me I have my moments at work where I feel like just walking away and never come back, just a sad reality.
Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: