View Single Post
Old 09-02-2024, 07:58 PM   #5579
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Father hooked his boat and trailer up to the Ranger Wildtrak, drove it 40 minutes out of town to put the thing back in the water after the recent flood threat. Made it almost all the way, most of it sitting on 100 kph, rounded a corner at low speed and CLUNK. Tow bar yanked out of the socket, the chains only just saved it but had mere mm before being the chains letting go after being scraped across the road.

Thankfully, no damage to the car or boat, but the trailer now needs work. Frankly, it's a miracle the thing stayed on there as long as it did, if it had let go at 100 kph, it would have caused the car and trailer to roll. It's a pontoon boat, so the trailer is very wide and long. Also thankful someone was following him to make the trip and lent a helping hand and spare hitch pin.

Apparently, its a thing for the braindead unemployed of Australia to go around removing tow bar hitch pins on unsuspecting motorists under the cover of darkness. From what I have been told, its a common "trick" at the moment.

What I don't get is, the idiot who did this would not have even been there to get a laugh out of the situation. So why do it? Jealously because someone has worked their ar.e off their whole life, and until now had never bought something like this, a reward for actually working to earn something.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: