View Single Post
Old 15-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #348
Big Bird 17

Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
So ... now i can talk from experience.

Step 1. Get an OHSA Certficate II Generic Coal Induction, it will take 3 days, is valid for 2 years and cost's around $900.

Step 2. Now go get an BMA Site induction for a 1 day refresher course $230 you will be first pick by any contractors on a BHP site.

Step 3. Get a Coal board medical, bank on $300 and once given a start date you will need to do another one including Drug test at their expense.

Step 4. Pester the heck out of anyone and everyone you send your resume too, send an e-mail but follow it up with a Ph call !

Step 5. Believe half of what ya read and just get out there and do it! I get up everyday at 6am and i don't finish replying to e-mails or making Ph calls till lunch time...

Every link i have posted on here was because i have replied to them personally myself, previous experience didn't count for naught at the last dozen or so Ph interviews and the one person i did know in a high up position and promised me a start in Ipswich let me down.

Now that i will be working on a BMA site I need to do their induction as well , but it is only a 1 day refresher for $230 because i have an up to date certificate II since July 1st... if i knew that would have opened the door for me sooner i would have done it!
I assumed the BMA induction i would complete after i got a start?

That is the only other advice i can offer team, do as much as you can and beg borrow don't steal the money to achieve what i have said above.

You will be a cut above like minded people who havn't done their homework..

Negative nelly's will always agree to disagree with what i have just posted, but hopefully the positive people can prosper from my input...

Peace out Daz...
Don't forget to join the CFMEU.