View Single Post
Old 29-04-2024, 10:01 PM   #2295
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Doesn't make any difference regardless if you have it in one of its 50,000 modes, feels like all that shit does is change the instrument cluster or make the exhaust louder

Desperately needs to be tuned I reckon, the first thing you'd do is **** off Hyundai's shitty tuning and make it respond to your throttle inputs without thinking about it.

Reminds me of the VF Commodore V6, at least the VF is consistent though, the irony is the throttle body on the VF can go from closed to wide open throttle in 40ms, which is faster than you can physically stomp the throttle pedal - they just program it like mongs.
I bought the missus a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid. It's got a turbo, so has a bit of poke in it, but geez! the throttle lag from a standing start is very ordinary.
It's much like the Isuzu Dmax's at work, you have to plant your foot a second before you strategically enter a roundabout. I preload the accelerator while holding the brake to get a better launch.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: