View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
Kostagone
Starter Motor

Default 2019 SA Focus Update SYNC 3 v3 Software to v3.4

Update SYNC 3 software v3.0, 18351, to v3.4, 20136

My 2019 SA Focus menu says when connected to Wi-Fi you can select “automatically” update, or “search” for an update. These functions in fact do not work in my car and Ford Oz suggested I update using a USB and did not respond to the non- functioning Wi-Fi updates. A brief search on-line indicates the Wi-Fi automatically/search function does not currently work in the UK either for their equivalent version of the SA Focus, the Mk4 Focus.

To download from USB you need to first log into or sign up for an owner account at the Ford OZ website and then select SYNC 3 update download. They will then send you a ZIP file that you open and save to a USB (Ford say min 8GB).

To install the update the motor must be running. Start the motor and plug the USB into a USB port. It took about 35 minutes to install and I was driving during the install.

Initially, the Satnav would not work and an error message appeared advising the car needed to be taken to a dealer to rectify the problem, however, after stopping and starting the engine a few times the Satnav starting working properly.

Once the update is installed Ford will send a message requesting you advise them of a successful update through the Update & Customise section of your account. This section does not exist in my account. The process was, Go to Owners Section/Log-in to My Dashboard/My Ford Profile/Update SYNC/Download Ready/scroll down to find Report Installation/browse for the required xme file/Report installation. This is done so they can advise you of future software updates.

A couple of wrinkles but it worked. Saved a trip to the dealer.