View Single Post
Old 23-03-2023, 02:58 PM   #248
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Chinese cars make record sales in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
AH Bingo, a similar question or more so me not appecting the reported QC issues of the modern day Mustang.

Agreed Boss, its 2023, ok maybe the product doesn't last as it once did back in the day BUT at least bring it out to market spot on to spec, no mis alignments etcetc yet one bloke quoted thats the Norm of a Pony forever and a day, correcting error.
I answer if I'm paying sub $100k my pride and joy should be damn spot on ?! if the cheap cars under $50k can why can't my $90K for eg Mustang.

The Mustang build quality just isn't good enough. But strangely enough, i've never heard americans complain about it. Which is probably why they consider it acceptable. I wonder if the feedback they would have got due to the amount of re-works required in australia to get panel alignment right ever flowed back to them, and if they ever acted on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenk
So you are saying that the issue with the Everest is acceptable because it was only in the seams(this was a recall issue for Ford, so there were more than one vehicle). Maybe the rust in the Chinese vehicle was an environmental issue and not a production issue.
Not at all. Just one case significantly worse than the other. And one was recalled as you say, the other was ignored. Rust seems to be a significant issue with these chinese vehicles if owner feedback is to be believed. Especially in the utes.

It's not a common issue with Everest and Ranger. Not to say there hasn't been cases of it, as the recalled ones attest to.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote