View Single Post
Old 20-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #106
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil B
Then put the new headlights in, mush better now. I checked the wattages, the old ones were 75/50w, new ones 60/55w so extra current draw wont be an issue. They are H4 globes marketed as +100% brightness.
you seem happy with them but 100/130 h4 globes are great, but then you would need a relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil B
I have a new head unit to go in instead, a modern one with a usb port lol. I think I saw people had problems fitting new stereos in but we tested it and it fits in the hole.
any single din unit should fit. the problem with the xa-b's is that you will generally have a small amount of gap at the top of the unit . . . around 10 mm. i used a bit of balsa wood painted black to cover the hole in mine, but ended up getting a landau dash to move the stereo from the dash

also when installing it, there is a good chance that the heater controls will be very close to touching the head unit. if it does touch it, then your heater will continuously run, so gently bend the heater up to avoid touching it. if you notice the heater fan always running once the stereo is installed you will know where to look for the problem
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote