Thread: Disaster
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #86
rocketxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
My son works for AAMI as a accessor but before that he worked as a panel beater and managed a shop. The problem is they cannot get enough good panel beaters so sometimes have to put up with tradesmen that are unreliable or don't have enough care in their workmanship.
Also in one shop he worked they put on 5 apprentice beaters and spray painters in 2 years and guess how many stayed in the trade NONE. Its easyier to work in a retail shop or warehouse getting the same or more dollars. It just finding a shop that has good beaters and spray painters that take pride in their work.

But also there are whingers that treat their car like a toilet inside and rarely wash the car or maintain it correctly all of a sudden became scientists on the mechanics and bodywork of automobiles and complain about every aspect of the repair work
A few years ago (actually QUITE a few years ago....), I had an RS2000 that got rear ended and pushed into another car. The repairs were OK but they put the Rally Pack decals on the car, not the original RS2000 decals. When I complained that they were wrong, I overhead the bossman say "whinging pr1ck, wants everything done properly!!!"....
Sort of sums up peoples views on the crash repair industry!
rocketxr is offline   Reply With Quote