Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #68
Chicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Yep, also already having an issue, its done this to me twice so far.

Sometimes, seems to happen randomly, when I go to start the car, I let it sit with ignition on until snowflake goes orange, red then disapears, when I go to start it after the snowflake goes away, it just wont start, sometimes it will crank over a few times and fire right up, other times, keeps cranking and wont start, second go it works.

Its giving me the shits, done this to me twice, once at work carpark and now in my driveway. I'm going to ring up my salesman tomorrow and organise it to go in to *shudder* Ford service department.

Other than that, all good.

Also curious if i can use shell helix ultra extra 5W-30 in this as well or does it have to be especially a diesel oil? Its a group 4 synthetic that I use in my Fiesta.
Damo, No.Doesn't have to be a specific Diesel Oil...In
the TDCI, same oil as the petrol version I believe...Personally, In have gone for the Castrol 0-40w Fully Synthetic , which seems to comply with everything!! There are probably much better oils out there...however ..they need to be researched very carefully....I believe that the Castrol 0-40w Synthetic meets this criteria!!!!
Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote