Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #684
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Put the new chainsaw to 'work' yesterday chopping fire wood. Nothing more then the old 12 inch wasnt capable of. The initial test cuts on first start were only small, and being first start on a new motor, even though its a 2 stroke with a sacrificial oiling system, it was a light load and i warmed it up for longer then you typically would, but i really wanted to make sure the bar lube had also had time to lube the bar etc. Give it the best start to life sort of thing.
So my initial concern going to a 16 inch bar with the same motor as the 12 was maybe the thing will seem underpowered, even though my logic was more teeth cutting the same stuff should extend chain life. But my first impressions are it takes a fraction of a second longer to spin up, but the chain seems to carry more momentum when spun up. This may just be because the clutch assembly isnt worn, but where at times the 12 would bog for a second, the 16, you can feel it for a split second but it is just a quick rev change and its through, not what i would consider labouring. And the thing is rediculous to cold start. One prime, full choke, 1 pull and its not supposed to run on full choke, and it doesnt, but first pull it fires and flick it to half choke when its still turning and shes running. I mean, 2 pulls full choke, 1 half choke is quite acceptable for cold starting a 2 stroke. Never have i had a 2 stroke cold start 1st pull. And its done that twice. So maybe lightning does strike the same place twice. Give me a few weeks then i will probably complain saying its a peice of ****, but first impressions im pleased.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: