View Single Post
Old 24-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #73
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vicroads snowflake offended at custom plate WEPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Firstly not everyone lives in NSW with their ridiculous plates and secondly it wasn't the point I was making.

If going personalized make it personal. Just putting the car model when the car already has badges the same seems odd to me.

When I had a 300c it had a standard yellow and black plate that looked horrible.
I wanted a black and silver plate to match the car better. Back then if you got a standard layout there was no annual fee. So I got a black and silver plate with the normal nsw layout of AAA-22A but a chose the letters and numbers that sort of related to the car. I wouldn't do it now with the yearly fees but even if someone does, why not?

Same reason why I buy a car I like rather than a base model Corolla. Most of the time a boring, cheap car will suit my driving needs. But I like my cars and like driving so I'm happy to pay a premium for something I find interesting.

Personally I wouldn't want my name, initials, birth year or anything similar on my plate. I don't feel the need to advertise that. Some people like it so I say go ahead and do it if you want.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: