View Single Post
Old 22-02-2023, 07:15 PM   #167
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

I eventually managed to be connected to Novo Nordisk this afternoon and have two new Echo pens being delivered.

These pens go beyond what I have been using for 20 years now in that they offer a digital log of previous doses, adding an extra layer of safety into the mix. Mistakes happen, not often but they are scary and in theory, could cost you your life. Diabetic bed death is a thing. The NovoPen Echo differs from the NovoPen 5 in that it allows half unit doses, usually suited to children but also for those who are more sensitive to insulin like me. (An active job is the cause of this.)

I think of how far we have come with diabetes management over the 30 years I have had the disease. Being frank, I'm still in the dark ages by manually injecting insulin rather than relying on a pump. But..........it suits me and my situation and was actually what my endo recommended even though I was all ready to go on a pump not that long ago.

When I phoned and asked about obtaining an Echo pen, the guy asked my name, date of birth and address................and that was it! I even asked if it was possible to have two sent as I have one at work and one at home, of course was the reply. So, why couldn't this have been done online? Fill out a form with the above information, perhaps put in your NDSS card number for verification. Instead, I'm left sitting on hold as if it's 1997. So, we have come a long way, but stood still in other areas.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: