Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #6184
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Covid 19 -

So, granted, im in nsw and its deffinately not as strict as vic. But what i fail to understand with the vic situiation, is that you only hear about the lets say 5% of people who do not do the recommended, yet probably the majority do. So in my head, community transmission should technically be managed it if theres no community?
So dunno if its across the board, but my grandparents are really old, both in their mid 90s. Theyre in a lovely private nursing home. They cannot have visitors. Reason being policy says, 14 days isolation if you leave the premesis. And every 2 weeks my olds have hospital checkups. So from all accounts, thats really done a number on my grandparents. My grandma is pretty frail, but apreciates things like the flowers in the communal garden. Grandpa though, pre covid, he still held his drivers licence, wouldnt drive far and only in daylight out of peak times, he had his prius. Everyday would go for a walk. Now, being so couped up he needs assistance to walk. Yes, they are what i would consider the most vulnerable, but the rapid decline is just really sad.
3 users like this post: