View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
MattSAU2XR8

Default Re: Great service - FG Ecoboost brakes

Just an update on how my DS Performance pads and RDA slotted rotors have been going in case anyone is considering these.

1. Braking performance is very good

2. Discs have not warped

3. I do sometimes find there is a small amount of brake shudder which goes away after a decent application of the pedal. I.e. after a hard stop the next few easy stops are perfectly smooth. I assume this is due to a buildup of pad transfer material on the disc? If so these pads could be considered to require reasonably hard braking to prevent shudder now and then.

4. These pads are quite (and possibly very) dusty, as Matt clearly warned me. My nice shiny G6E alloys are black, although this may also reflect on how infrequently the car gets washed :-(

5. The discs themselves have next to no wear at all after 5000 kms although a lot of this is commuting.

So I still think these are likely the best bang for buck pads you can get, or at least the most bang you can get in a road pad, but it does come at a cost of dust and occasional shudder. This probably wouldn't worry you if you wash your car often and brake reasonably hard reasonably often.
MattSAU2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote