View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 08:24 PM   #94
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

I'm still not able to find if any MTX75 LR's came to Australia. I can't even find replacement CV's that seem specific to the MTX. I can find CV's for '1.8 and 2.0 5 speeds' ut that will likely be the IB5 transmission if it is common to both. There are shafts for a 6-speed, but the only 6 speed I'm aware if is in the ST170. Those transmissions are bigger again, and will only fit in the Fiesta if it is cut.

Possible way forward:

LS Driveshafts, fit LR outer CV's to it. They seem to have the same 23mm spline shafts. OR, since I thought I had a problem with the length of the LS shafts, get LR shafts and fit the MTX75 inner LS CV's to it.

Either way will require getting seriously greasy and having to get a CV puller and boot clamp crimp tools. But as a cheap option, it might come close to working.

I have some LS driveshafts already as part of a $50 MTX75 purchase, so it might be worthwhile getting some LR shafts for the hybrid swap.

Lukeyson