View Single Post
Old 25-02-2022, 07:11 AM   #9
paul r w
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mondeo revs up and down when coasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Is it a conventional auto or a DSG?
If you shift into neutral, is the problem better or worse?
can you replicate it when stationary in neutral or park? eg rev it up to the problem range, back off, and see what happens.

I'm far from being expert on the Mondeo, although I believe I have a very similar engine in my XR4 (2L Duratec)
So check this for yourself, but I think that by 2006 Ford had mostly fixed the Swirl-Flaps, but they were still being used.
So I'd try to check that they are working, and not too noisy. Thoroughly check all your vacuum lines and gaskets for leaks. Give your throttle body and sensors a good clean.
Sorry I can't really offer anything specific.
You could cheek out this guy, he has some good videos on his Mondeo
It's a conventional auto
additional to the rev problem described is that the revs are erratic, sometimes when cruising at a stable speed they bounce up and down,
revs can also stick at a high rev level for a few seconds before dropping down & when I stop and put in park it idles around 1000
but when I put my foot on the accelerator and take it off the revs stick at 3000 for about 5 seconds before dropping.
I used the videos for throttle body and T Map cleaning and did this a couple of weeks ago and it made no difference,
changed the T Map after that, car is more responsive but revs problem still persists. At this stage from the info provided
it looks like I need to check the swirl flaps aren't sticking and see if I can detect any splits in the hoses?
paul r w is offline   Reply With Quote