View Single Post
Old 26-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #53
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcginley
Why should you be stung with high premium because you want a nice EXPENSIVE and POWERFUL car when you are such an inexperienced driver? Okay I don't know you so you might be a good driver, but as far as years on VICROADS goes, you are an inexperienced driver.

So you are driving a RRP $50k car, which is classified powerful because it has 8 cylinders and 330cubic inches of displacement. You are inexperienced on VICROADS paid for blacktop.

Hmmm Yes I can understand why you should be 'stung' with a high premium.

To Re-iterate my above post, if you cannot afford the costs of running an expensive or above average car while you are an 'inexperienced' driver then you cannot afford the car.

Hell, perhaps people under the age of 21 should have to pay for Advanced Driving and only allowed to drive a car which has full comprehesive insurance, rather than having a restrictive vehicle list that includes a BA I6 XT Wagon.
Mate i never said i couldn't afford the insurance, it's due on tuesday and instead of not insuring the car and spending that $5,ooo on mods im going to get it insured. Im just saying that why should I have to pay 5-1o times the normal rates because im young. How do they know i can or cant drive, anyone can drive to current road rules it's simple. Yes a powerfull car in the hands of a ******** (Young & Old) can become dangerous but a ******** will always be just that and you'll find they'll kill emselfs in anything they get behind the wheel of. But a powerfull car driven to the road rules is no different than a $5oo lazer, if anything it's safer.