View Single Post
Old 28-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #2728
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Lamb chilli and garlic snags, and porterhouse steak..
Picked my brother up, went to the butchers then to my mums for a bbq that she orginised but forgot about. And theres always the preceeding argument about who gets the meat. Mum always buys overpriced and **** steaks, and weird snags, they taste like turd wrapped in burnt hair.
My brothers local butchers are great, and other then meat, the other thing they know how to do is sting you with their prices. But, its the sort of thing where you are salty from the time you pay till the time you eat. It was something in the realm of $50 for 3 porterhouse steaks, 3 rashers of bacon and 6 snags. But man was it worth it. When it comes to bbqing, you dont argue with me, im cooking. So did the snags on the flat plate to leave behind all the lovely snag grease. Then onto the plate goes baby potatoes, diced bacon and minced garlic. That fries in, and absorbs the snag grease to be an excellent side. The steaks are done on the grill to medium or slightly to medium rare. Nothing more then a bit of salt and pepper. No need to do anything major to a quality steak.
And the way i guage a good steak is if i find myself reaching for the seeded mustard. No need for that.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: