Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #161
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Beyond my pitiful capabilities, unfortunately.

But I came across an idea somewhere on the Interweb of getting reflective tape or something similar to attach to the surface of the airbox facing the filter. The idea being that it will reflect heat away that would otherwise be absorbed by the plastic. Worth a thought?
Hehe, it shouldn't be too hard just to make up an aluminium box, using my highly awesome skills, I have made a very detailed diagram of what we plan on doing:

Obviously there is going to be somewhere for the air to get into the airbox (oops left that out) and the filter will be closer towards the pipe that goes to the turbo, baffles are going to be in there so that the air just goes from the intake tube right to the filter, rather than hit the edges of the box and eventually find its way there, it might only be a little bit, but every little bit helps

I just hope without the factory airbox in there, it frees up enough space to do something like this. I might have to get a smaller pod filter to enclose in there rather than the big cylinder KN filter.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote