View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #150
Shockworks

Default Re: BA-FG Monoblock 4 Pot Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSAU2XR8 View Post
Hi Brett, if you have a 30 mm disc available I'd suggest a VE caliper might be the easiest solution since already 30 mm and bits readily available, assuming piston size similar to Ford.

If using the standard caliper I've already been thinking about a Chrysler 300c front disc at 345 by 28 mm, although even if its a DBA 4000 quality disc I can't help wondering if it might warp with time - fairly thin for the diameter?? However have been considering knocking up a kit myself to see if it works. If I did is there any chance you can put be onto someone who could make the dogbones from a drawing (should be a simple rectangular bolt pattern...)

Regards,

Matt
At our manufacturing plant, we can make anything so would end up making the disc and dog bone in house. At the moment we are in the middle of other brake development and improvements for the Ford and other cars. I have asked my drawing team to have a look what can be done with the Ford caliper with larger rotor with dogbone for the OE floating assembly but this is more on the side at the moment due to current programs. The guys are under the pump so have to go gentle on the them haha.
Cheers
Brett
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote