View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #60
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Did anyone else notice in a GoAuto article that the "Holden Cruze" is due for production in late 2011? I thought it was supposed to be next year?
Well holden says it is, and i think it will be (even if only just, maybe on sale start of 2011). Ford says next gen focus in 2011, but i havent seen any mules running around europe yet. Probably in current gen car body, new bodies next year i suppose. So Ford should be on deadline sometinem 2011.

It wouldn't be the first time holden have said something is coming, and it doesn't on time or not till much much later. I remember in 2005 (2004???) when VZ launched with new V6 and V8 (that was DoD capable). holden said i didn't have DoD because it didn't meet NVH standards (so GM north america must have lower standards??? not according to local journos that drove the engine over there). Then on VE, still no DoD (even though the engine was hardly small, the car heavier and the V6 was carry over so no engine work there....).

THey are pathological liars in this regard, tell the media one thing, then do another. That great leader of their Denny Mooney (he of the Daewoo rebadging etc.) claimed they were working on LPG, DI, diesel and E85 AT THE SAME TIME they were doing Camaro for the yanks. Oh yeah, holden has that many engineers does it. Upon retirment Tony Hyde admitted that diesel for commodore (was years away) and DI was still being worked on by GM in the states and it would be some time before Port Melbourne would buid alloytec with DI. This was 2-3 years ago now..... What a crock of you know what.

It coudl be a great car, who knows. But the Ford Europe guys are no mugs, and the Focus is a quality product. Last car Holden rushed to market to beat ford (adventra vs territory) went reall well didn't it now.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote