View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #88
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Updates.

Radio fixed with a 2-Din cage. Wiring fixed and now the reverse camera, hands free and bluetooth are working properly. I had a $20 slimline sub that I installed under the drivers seat. It's not epic base, but it's a damn site better than it was. The only problem is some dodgy wiring in the passenger door speaker that will need some re-wiring to fix. I got it working again, but within a week it stopped. I'll have to hit up a Fiesta wrecker somewhere. Curiously, workshop manual says it's the same connector as on the A/C clutch switch and the horn. Too funny.

I've got the Clicon installed too. So now I can fit my Pixel 2XL up there and Android Auto my way into spotify or google podcasts.

And the Steering Wheel Buttons are now successfully controlling the radio - volume, seek, mode etc. Works a treat. Although it took me a bit to decipher the crappy Pioneer instructions to figure out how to enable the 'Steering Wheel' option in the settings before I could get it to work.

The front struts are back to standard. It now rides much better on the work commute. I just need to shut it up some more without losing too much power - I swear the exhaust muts be straight-through. Seriously considering a Varex....

The VCMII clone has arrived. I have IDS 112.01 working - on the Fiesta and the '03 XR8. But there are no settings for enabling auto lights or auto wipers that I can see. I CAN enable power folding mirrors though. And I've found a place that sells them aftermarket at much less than genuines.

On happy1's advice I took a look at FORScan. It can use the VCMIIin J2534 mode. FORScan seems to have better support for As-Built parameters than IDS, but curiously it does not discover the GEM when doing a module discovery, even though the IDS can. The GEM is the only module left on the MSCAN bus, everything on the HSCAN (PCM, IC) and the ISO 9141 bus (RCM) can be discovered - just not the GEM (and not the ABS/ESP module curiously). So I am currently troubleshooting.

The As-Built arrangement on cars is a bitwise value that can be written into either individual modules, or into a master module if it is setup for Central Config mode, that turns features on or off. Lots of people are reporting success in enable sync, power mirror etc features in F150's , Taurus, or later model Fiestas and Mondeos. So I am still hopeful that it can do the same with the B256 Fiesta.

Luke