Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #4010
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'm not wasting my breath on smoo and his attitude toward the elderly - I'm sure the Karma bus will take care of that in time.

I actually think Daniel Andrews has done a decent job under trying circumstances and I'm far from being a supporter. He has always addressed the media and issues calmly and even though the quarantine fiasco has been almost as bad as the NSW Health Department handling of the Ruby Princess (just in case those in NSW having a dig have forgotten) the leader of the party can't be held responsible for every public service balls up otherwise we'd be swapping them on a daily basis.

Below is the comparison of total active case rates per 100k of population for NSW and Victoria over the last 3 months.
Disagree. This fiasco pretty much lies with Dan Andrews screw ups. First he was too ****weak in stopping the protests. He was saying on the radio this morning he told people it wasn't a good idea to do it, but if he had of gone in with a tough stance of we are banning anyone from protesting, and anyone caught will face the consequences, then there was a fair chance it wouldn't have happened. His weak approach basically emboldened the protesters because they knew they would get away with it.

Then the hotel security debacle also falls on him. He was offered ADF personnel to do security, but he refused that and instead hired untrained, dodgy private security who couldn't have possibly done a worse job. And even now, Dan refuses to say why he made this decision. Just used weasel words about how there is an enquiry into it now ie. drag that on for months and bury the outcome later on, to remove himself from blame.

The protests also had a physcological effect on the rest of the population, who saw what was going on and just said stuff it, why bother sitting at home in isolation when it's ok to attend mass gatherings which the government allowed.

It starts at the top, and he has made some stupid mistakes that have basically caused the current problems. And yes, he can and will be held to account for his mistakes. The media is already turning on him.
5 users like this post: