View Single Post
Old 25-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #309
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I've been struggling to get my weight down for 2 years. Having previously been on a heavy training program for years through sport, (4 days gym a week for 90mins including cardio and weights plus training and game, playing weight was 90-95 kilo), I had balooned substantially when injury and old age forced me to give it away 2 years ago, turning what bulk I had into 15+ kilo of blubber. This was made worse because I had also become sick of the years of training in early hours of the morning (4.30am) before going to work and I couldn't find the motivation to keep doing it. I went back to the gym late last year to 30 mins of cardio and was also dieting, but wasn't getting anywhere, although the weight stabilised. Main problem for me was, even though I was eating correctly, I really became addicted to Diet Coke/ Pepsi Max. It wasn't till I gave those up totally, that the weight just seems to be falling off on a average of a kilo a week. It's motivated me enough that I'm back at the gym 5 days a week, but only for 40 mins cardio and 20 mins of light weights plus an evening walk before dinner. My goal is to drop 25 kilo, so my weight is down to somewhere between 80-85 kilo. So far in the last couple of months, I've come down from 105 to 98.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote