View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #87
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toyota 86 price $29,990!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
I've been following this on so many different forums and this one of the only ones that don't seem to have any clue what they are talking about.
Girls car, hair dresses, needs more power, needs a turbo.
Are most of you that delusional?
High reving, perfectly balanced, light weight, tuned chassis with RWD and LSD can provide more thrills than a 400rwkw dyno queen.
Roads aren't all just straight lines, some times they have these things called "corners" which is where this car is designed to perform.
Some people need to wake up a little.

i agree , hair dressers car is probably not a fair comment ,but not everyone aspires to highly strung sports/track cars, some of us like the bigger grand tourers that will happily pull from 1800 revs in an instant and still go through a sweeper at a speed that is still way above most peoples driving capability`s, no doubt it`s a fun car in the mountain twistys, but as an all rounder/daily factory hot rod, it`s not my cup of tea,
part of the allure of big power factory hotrods is they can be a handfull if not treated with respect and in fact do still provide thrills in the bends and don`t need to have the mammary `s reved of them to make forward progress, but to each his own.