Thread: SVT Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #20
REDDYZ

Default Re: SVT Upgrade

At last I made a custom hose to replace the broken one. I was searching for suitable hose or anything that fits in UIM and found a hanger at Bunnings which is stainless steel and strong.

I used some plastic EGR 90 degree angle hose connectors, heat resistant silicone to make it air tight. Fits perfect just like the original one.

What a relief.. Phew..!! Now UIM is on and waiting for new sparkplug leads. I should get a K&N panel filter at least to give some respect to SVT kit.

I am planning to fit K&N Apollo cold air induction kit which is better than K&N CAI kit as it is enclosed which reduces heat build up and cone shaped filter with smooth pointy head inside increases air flow than any other filter. Just can't wait to get my hands on it.

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm

Trying to find a suitable one for our Cougars. Last option is to go for Universal model.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote