View Single Post
Old 24-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #65
cpapashley

Default Mazda MPV - I got a Duratec too

I noticed this forum when surfing around looking to see if we had any performance versions of the cougar/probe bought over to Australia with the SVT components (You know those performance bits that are in america for one of the most popular vehicles around)

I have a Mazda MPV 2000 model that over the next few years I intend to make some "slight improvements" to performance of its delightful 2.5 v6 duratec engine. Amazing that I have this same engine (few slight changes but not much) as yourselves.

When I read about you guys being orphans I thought of myself as I am the only regular australian on the MPV club forum (mainly american/canadian). I think I must be the only one in Australia interested in Modding the MPV as there is "ZERO" available off the shelf so I certainly know the frustration that you all experience.

First cab off the rank was a DIY cold air intake that has certainly allowed the vehicle to breath better. Second is is a set of headers. I am having them custom built by CES an exhaust place over near loganholme in Brisbane. Should be fitted this coming week so will be interesting to see if there is any performance improvement :

I know that Trevor (the guy at CES) said he had done a set of headers for a ford probe a couple of years ago, interesting to know anybody on here saw any significant improvement in their probes/cougars with exhaust changes. Anybody done any dyno tests?? I decided to do a baseline for the PV and it was very similar to a graph I found on D&T exhaust systems. Interesting indeed. :

So Just wanted to stop buy and encourage you all, personally I think a "Ford Duratec Club would be a great idea"

Happy motoring

cpapashley
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote