View Single Post
Old 16-03-2005, 09:40 AM   #121
biased99
Occasional V8 user...

Quote:
Also I am planning to eat more regularly, 5 smaller meals a day rather than 3 large ones and two snacks. I gotta get rid of sugar. I don't eat potatoes anymore either
This is part of the key for us also...5 or 6 smaller meals each day. As an example, consider the following:
Breakfast - 2 hard-boiled eggs and some green tea. (A small glass of fruit juice can also be had here).
Mid-morning - Protein shake
Lunch - Grilled piece of chicken maryland (skinless) and some fruit juice. (Also have some cut up lettuce and other vegies if I can be bothered cutting it up)
Mid-afternoon - Protein shake or bar
Tea - Piece of grilled chicken (skinless) or fish (we use Dory a bit), and some vegies (eg. steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower), with some fruit juice and green tea.

This was basically what we had during the weight loss/metabolic adjustment phases - now it's more or less the same, but with a little more flexibility (eg. I substituted some grilled snags for chicken last night).

My wife is glucose intolerant, and thus has to watch her carb intake. This diet works quite well in that respect.

As for vitamins, we take a multivitamin, an E group vitamin, another one whose designation escapes me, and some salmon omega (for the omega 3 oils).

Not going to work for everyone, but some basic principles apply regardless (ie. more and smaller meals, regular intensive exercise etc).

Good luck with your weight-loss (and your knee) Bindi!

Last edited by biased99; 16-03-2005 at 01:05 PM.
biased99 is offline   Reply With Quote