View Single Post
Old 20-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #27
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok i had my test drive and what can I say...AWESOME...

appearance wise the car is nice on the eye, the 18's don't look that big because of the bulk of the car. Inside the leather seats were very comfy. I didn't like the radio controls under the indicator (as in the previous focus as well). But that is a minor concern. The space saver in it doesn't bother me as I have only ever had 2 flat tyres in 8 years of driving.

Now for the drive. My dealer let me take it for a good 1/2 hr. We did the freeway speed test and then the windy road test. The car under acceleration sound fantastic, there is no turbo kick or lag, it is just power power and more power. The gear changes snap in well to each gate with ease, the clutch is perfect and the steering well balanced (can be adjusted). The brakes were tested and worked well. Did I also mention the noise it makes? Phoar nice...
There was a little tyre noise inside the cabin but other than that a big thumbs up from me. I really need to sit and do some financial costings but I would seriously consider this car. The Golf GTi must be some awesome machine for everyone to still give it a good wrap. But the XR5T is a brilliant car for an awesome price.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote