Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2024, 06:42 PM   #2789
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Is there a generally accepted rate lawn and garden maintainers charge per hour in Australia? I’ve had quotes between $50 per hour to $80 per hour.
Without giving away my number, you are in the ballpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
That sounds about right. I don’t get how some lawnies will do a postage stamp sized patch for $20. By the time you sit down to generate an invoice you’ve lost money.
Those who offer those prices are generally Beer Bob's who are doing the job for cash during semi-retirement. I have a minimum charge, regardless of how small the job is, otherwise its not even worth getting out of the vehicle for...............by the time you have driven to the job and gotten out of the car, you are already at a certain dollar value, to charge $20 is simply a charity job.

If you haven't already, take some time to sit down and run through your operating costs, as in a daily fuel cost, daily vehicle cost, daily equipment cost, daily income ect, then averaging it out per day and per job. You will be surprised at what it costs to simply start the day or start each job.

And I say that because just because someone charges you $50 to $80 per hours, the amount that actually goes in the contractor's pocket is certainly not that amount.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: