View Single Post
Old 16-02-2024, 07:12 PM   #5608
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Websites that overload on the pop-up sales prompts!

In the image below, there are four separate pop-ups cluttering the screen, obscuring what I'm trying to read or trying to buy. Sometimes, this strategy is compounded by a poorly visible or hidden dismissal tab to click on.

I liken this to be the online equivalent of a pushy salesman who jumps on a customer the very second they step through the door. In that case, for me at least, I immediately push back and feel inclined to NOT buy something. And so proves for online shopping as well.

Just like in retail, it should be a balance. I'm intrigued by saving 10% on my first order, but I don't want to be hammered with the message either. I also wonder how a sales program cannot determine if you are a regular visitor of the webstore, and yet Google can accurately spam me with "relevant" adds from that same company. *

(For the record, I am NOT that sort of pushy salesman, mainly because I know how much I hate it myself. That doesn't mean I ignore customers, but I don't feel the need to hunt them down, I rather be more subtle and gracious, which is a fine line to tread. At the end of the day, if the customer wants something, then they will buy it..........especially if they feel comfortable and at ease. And I also hate the greeting "are you right here"...............I shudder at that, its comes off as arrogant and almost disrespectful.)
Here’s another take on the pushy “salesman”. Was at the tip the other day with a stacked trailer of green waste. I don’t usually go to this one, it was 15 min before knock off time.
Suddenly the guy turns up at the back of my trailer starts yanking on the green waste, while I’m unloading piece by piece so I don’t rip open an artery on thorns or hurt my back.
Dude seriously, you are standing right where I’m trying to throw stuff, GTFO.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz