View Single Post
Old 09-02-2024, 09:11 PM   #5581
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Father hooked his boat and trailer up to the Ranger Wildtrak, drove it 40 minutes out of town to put the thing back in the water after the recent flood threat. Made it almost all the way, most of it sitting on 100 kph, rounded a corner at low speed and CLUNK. Tow bar yanked out of the socket, the chains only just saved it but had mere mm before being the chains letting go after being scraped across the road.

Thankfully, no damage to the car or boat, but the trailer now needs work. Frankly, it's a miracle the thing stayed on there as long as it did, if it had let go at 100 kph, it would have caused the car and trailer to roll. It's a pontoon boat, so th
around removing tow bar hitch pins on unsuspecting motorists under the cover of darkness. From what I have been told, its a common "trick" at the moment.

What I don't get is, the idiot who did this would not have even been there to get a laugh out of the situation. So why do it? Jealously because someone has worked their ar.e off their whole life, and until now had never bought something like this, a reward for actually working to earn something.
Closest i have ever come to that was when i was 14. I was in the bog so dad hooked up the boat to the then new benz. Safety chain on but the 25km drive to the ramp at nowra, its a steep incline down to the ramp area. Dad forgot to put the handle down on the trailer hich so it popped off. It was a light 4.7m half cab. The bow rail hit the rear windscreen of the car but didnt break it, the trailer left a smallish scratch on the tailgate so all in all, not terrible. Funnily enough only weeks earlier my old man was telling of how one of his employees did the same thing with his 5m quintrex and it wrote of his not that old wh stato.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: