View Single Post
Old 28-01-2024, 06:38 PM   #5
66 coupe
around the place

Default Re: Camshafts ADV & RET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Thanks, that's the way i see it.

From memory of the first Falcon 6 i was lead to believe that the Fairmont was the first to get adj cam positioning. and at idol she retarded and the advanced and at 3000 RPM she retarded again and at 3000 RPM the long intake changed to go too the short intake as well.

But they never went into the totality of the systems workings full on.

Barra 6 They still have an EGR port ? so as this is to reduce combustion temp not exceeding the ADR limit of gas that claim is so toxic.

Back in the old days the advantage of a twin Cam was one could adj the setup it you knew what you were doing to fine tune it to what you truly wanted within them limits. but nowadays we have this advancement that is way to another level ! This what i was pointing out to a mate of cars nowadays that we can run 4 cyl cars that perform so well that you would never of thought possible back in the 1990's.

I am driving a 4cy 2.4L non turbo and it could blow a good XD 5.8L away back in the day.

download a demo of pcmtec or hptuners and you will be able to see the cam timing tables and functions etc