View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 06:09 PM   #66
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: and so it begins .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
If anyone thinks that the popularisation of EVs spells the end of road trips in this country, you need to pop over to the 'Alternative Power' folder and have a look at the trip that kypez has just completed in his six year old model S tesla from Sydney to Uluru. Heck of a bigger road trip than most in this country will do and he really didn't need to sacrifice much distance to be able to make use of the charging network already available.
As you quoted my comments, yeah, I did. Good on him. Lots of planning and a bit of range anxiety.

Reminded of my first road trip with my parents, from Goondiwindi to Esperance in 1956. Had to carry petrol in a jerrycan, and where is a sealed road, and would we get there.
There would have been little more ICE vehicles on the Nullabor then, as there are Teslas on the way to Uluru now. Not impossible, but not done by many.
A jerry can of electrons will be handy in 2030 when EVs are queuing for chargers.
The Fed Govt is promoting EVs at the same time as warning us that here will be blackouts in the future due to reduced electricity power plants.
WTF, go figure on that logic.

As to long distance road trips via WoopWoop, I have done few. Lucky Starr is jealous.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: