View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 12:27 PM   #84
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFacts November 2023

Thanks for all the replies on the MUX, forum is a great resource to get the pub's opinion.

"Silverado at times but they also have the mega Tahaj mahal van and outdoor set up like a outdoor wedding haha"

Yep our older in laws, about 15 years older so a different generation, got the retirement RAM in Mad Max theme, all decked out at a 200K spend, then the mega dual axle van with all the comforts of a McMansion and all the modern tech... to do trips from van park to van park and have had all sorts of fun parking the beasts. Back in 2002 we did 18 month work trip fully remote with HJ60 and 16ft single axle bed/bunk setup pop top with 2 kids homeschooled, and managed to fit it all and have a blast despite it being simple - in fact we wanted to mail most of the stuff home and thought it would be better being even more simple. The kids grew so much and had learning experiences that were priceless, they still talk fondly of it. The work included winter in Tassie which was magical, non tourist season though cold! Learned to ski and snowboard on days off. I'd take the fam up mountains with me while I did my site, and we'd have picnics with the most incredible views... You don't need to take so much, because the valuable things are in the experience. The only thing we did to the van for some of the tracks encountered was undersling the axle which gave it better clearance. That simple van was honestly the best setup I've seen then or since.