View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 07:27 PM   #22
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver View Post
Fondly remember the el series, employer at the time encouraged road safety with a days training on the skid pan.

Also got to drive an el wagon on regional trips, was lucky to miss the speed trap on the way in from the regional airport. With all the rear weight, was a little surprised it got sideways on a newly moistened curve. Took it a bit easier after that little scare.

Looked at an ef xr6, but at about 4 years old the dealer was asking 15k for it (dont recall the mileage).

I found them solid and reassuring, but not inspiring. Hope im not sounding dismissive, as i so wish we were still building something here.
Not at all. I think we all look back at Falcon very fondly, but you have to remember, they were always designed and manufactured to be a low-cost vehicle.

The EL was also from an era before the idea of sedans needing to be "sporty". Sure, there were sports models, but the core engineering focused on durability and low cost. I think that changed with BA and onwards, where the focus was on a more engaging and refined driving experience.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: