Thread: Going American
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2023, 09:11 AM   #11
lamborghinifan

Default Re: Going American

I’ve hankered over a full size wagon for years. Something big, comfy, powerful, seat 4 kids with ease. Seriously restricted market. Enter the king pin, Escalade. So I bought one. Cost as much as about 5 decent turbo territories. Bought it. Liked it. But it just wasn’t as comfortable as the R class it was replacing. And even with 300kw on a 6 speed, it wasn’t quick by any measure. I should write up a full review perhaps, the size was absolutely fantastic. Not too big to live with at all. Fuel economy want even bad. So I decided to compromise a bit of boot space for absolute comfort and power. And bought a gl63. Surprisingly perhaps, Same amount of space in 2nd and 3rd rows, just a bit smaller boot. But the yanks flagship is still some years behind German, or even Australian motoring. A 2011 top spec platinum Cadillac, was still nowhere near as well designed or refined as a 2011 Holden caprice. By a long shot. Which is a great shame, because the 2022 Cadillac v is prob caught up to comfort etc, but waaay out of affordable price range. Go on Franco, flame me, but I’ve lived with all the above mentioned cars first hand. I really really wanted the full size Cadillac to be better. The kids cried when I sold it because it was ‘so cool’!
lamborghinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: